Jobs bei KCA
Jobs bei KCA
KCA accepts applications year round for teachers and teacher’s assistants at our English day and overnight camps in Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Dreieich, Waldeck, and Freiburg for the summer, fall and spring vacations. We are always looking for motivated and outgoing English teachers with experience working with children and teenagers.
What we look for
• Native English speaker
• Able to run sports and activities programs (craft, music, and/ or sport skills desirable)
• Experience working with kids (either in a teaching position or as a coach, Au Pair or similar)
• High energy, enthusiastic, fun-loving, and creative while wanting to make a difference in the lives of young people
• Summer camp experience a definite plus!
What we offer
• Competitive, above average salary
• Fully planned lessons complete with required supplies.
• A fun working environment in a team of open-minded people from a diverse range of nations and cultures.
• Support with your visa application.
• Opportunity to advance to Camp Director for the next camp season
• Free room & board (Overnight Camp only)
• A comprehensive training before camp begins
Camp Counsellor Tasks
In addition to being responsible for the well-being of the campers, you will run small-group English lessons, and help to run afternoon and evening activities.
• 4 – 5 week camp placements
• Top locations in Germany’s main cities (Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich) as well as at top holiday locations (Edersee, Freiburg)
• Teacher to camper ratio of around 1:8
– Are you ready to join the Team? –
We are searching for
KCA staff come from a huge range of English speaking countries all over the world. We have had staff arrive from Canada, the U.S., Ireland, England, South Africa, as well as German born native English speakers. We are proud to represent such a diverse staff!
KCA teachers help lead our Morning Circles with the camp director. Afterwards they lead our English lessons (teachers receive lesson plans before the start of camp), supervise during lunch and outside play, and then lead our activities (also planned by the camp ahead of time) in the afternoon.
KCA Teaching Assistants also help lead the morning circles with the Camp Directors and Teachers. Following that they assist the teachers in the classroom by keeping all campers on task, ensuring that all campers are speaking English, and helping campers that require support with our fun, activity based lessons. Following that, Assistants supervise during break and lunch times and may lead our Afternoon Activities as well.
Basic camp hours are 9am – 5pm, however in some camps staff are asked to open the camp (arriving at 8am) or close the camp (staying until 6pm) on a rotational basis.
Yes – at KCA we value consistency and believe it is important to provide a family environment for both our staff and campers. We hire staff for the entire duration of a camp (6 week Frankfurt Day Camp) for example.
Yes – we try to place all our staff in the city the wish to work, and with the age group they most feel comfortable with and have the most experience. At times we do ask if staff are able to be flexible and move camps and this is done if both parties agree.
To apply please send a CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com